What are you watching right now?

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Re: What are you watching right now?

Post by Alethia on Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:15 pm

some abc childrens show with ducks wearing goggles..and some wise owl trying to explain the basics of life to all the other animals in his vicinty...a hedgehog who just got the fright of his life....and black sheep cuddling a stuffed bear...baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa oh hang on the bear is now in the bath and being hung out to dry...............but hang on the sheep just jumped in the bath too.........with the bear...no wonder kids love the abc...
Alethia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky on Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:44 pm

Last night I watched the movie Banzai Runner for the first time in 21 years. It was fun seeing that movie again. I liked it mainly because of the cars lol. If you like movies with cars, guns, drugs, sex, and characters that are as flat as a pancake, this is your movie.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueTopaz on Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:31 am

a show with two women who hoard animals.
One woman has 97 dogs and 10 cats in one single-wide trailer.
Yikes.

BlueTopaz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueTopaz on Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:32 am

Alethia wrote:

God, isn't he cute!!!!!!
I miss him SO MUCH.
In truth I haven't watched one new doctor who show, well part of one.
It will take my a LOOOONG while to warm up to this new guy if I ever do.

That's a excellent video. Who did that?
Have you seen Reamsie's vids of Dr. Who. Her one with the Master is really good.
Reamsie, you should post it here.

BlueTopaz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Reamsie on Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:33 am

I know I miss him too. Sad I've seen a few of the Matt Smith episodes and I just can't seem to watch either. So I'm waiting a while also before I try again.

The video Alethia posted is by seduff, who has so many excellent doctor who videos posted on her channel. In fact I posted another vid of her's in the next post after this.

I love this song too. I vidded it as well. Mine was centered around the episode when Martha and the Doctor were hiding in the boys private boarding school and he fell in love with the Matron. The life he might have had as John Smith, but he had to leave to save everyone.

And of course by special request from Blue:

Last edited by Reamsie on Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:50 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : youtube linky thingy giving me trouble)

People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey... stuff.--The Tenth Doctor, Blink
Reamsie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Reamsie on Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:48 am

I know I posted this in another thread, but Blue just in case you didn't see this I'm posting it again.

People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey... stuff.--The Tenth Doctor, Blink
Reamsie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor on Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:38 pm

The Doctor is in. big grin

Absurdity is one of the great joys of life.

All you need for a rich life is to see more.
melodiccolor
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia on Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:00 am

http://www.youtube.com/user/UniversalPicturesAU?v=MeMiJhA7e1k&feature=pyv&ad=5538882081&kw=disney%20movie[url]
Alethia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueTopaz on Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:02 am

Ack, didn't see this.
I loves you Reamsie.

BlueTopaz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by frmthhrt on Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:17 pm

I miss David Tennant (and Chris Eccleston). I just can't bear to watch the new guy...
frmthhrt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky on Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:10 pm

Alethia wrote:http://www.youtube.com/user/UniversalPicturesAU?v=MeMiJhA7e1k&feature=pyv&ad=5538882081&kw=disney%20movie[url]

That looks awesome!

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by edie on Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:10 pm

yeah it does.
ITS SO FLUFFY!! hahahaha

edie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky on Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:38 am

Just found Pot Zombies on Hulu!

Looks like an awesomely terrible movie!

ETA: It is quite gory though. A little too gory for me, I didn't make it all the way through.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by frmthhrt on Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:36 pm

Thomas and Friends...Thomas the Tank Engine, still enjoying it with my son Very Happy
frmthhrt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by edie on Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:15 pm

ill have to watch that pot zombies roflol

edie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Reamsie on Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:44 pm

I found an awesome goodie from the BBC. Written by Steven Moffet, who ironically is partially responsible for the awful season of Doctor Who we just got. Well his other project this year was absolutely brillant! An update Sherlock Holmes set in the present day.

Reamsie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by frmthhrt on Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:10 pm

I finally watched the remake of Shaft, with Samuel L. Jackson. It was actually pretty good. He is the only guy on the planet that can swear that much and not offend me. LOL
frmthhrt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky on Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:40 pm

http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s14e09-its-a-jersey-thing

"What is it?"
"It's a Snooki! It's very famous"
"That thing is FAMOUS? Why?"
"I DON'T KNOW"

Hahaha! So true!

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky on Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:00 pm

The movie American Pop.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by frmthhrt on Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:52 pm

I watched a Dr. Who marathon all night, then all day, but somehow I missed the new Christmas special both times...still, it was great to see David Tennant again. I must get the DVDs...
frmthhrt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by claeris on Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:18 pm

I'm watching Water elephant

claeris

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by frmthhrt on Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:47 pm

Kids are watching an "Avatar, the Last Airbender" (the cartoon...the original Avatar) marathon all night...so I doubt we will get a movie in tonight. Oh well, no real loss.
frmthhrt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky on Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:28 am

The Weather Underground on Hulu. It's about a group of militant left-wing extremists who committed acts of terrorism against the US government. Some parts are very graphic, but I find it interesting and worth watching. According to the film, leaked FBI files revealed that the FBI was targeting not just the violent protesters but also the peaceful ones, even Martin Luther King. The peaceful protesters seemed to be getting lumped in with the violent ones.

The film has commentary by former members. Some of them mention how dangerous it is to insist that you have the moral high ground, others have no remorse and say they would do it again.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by frmthhrt on Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:01 am

Those are the guys that helped break Timothy Leary out of prison...
I thought they were pretty cool.
frmthhrt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky on Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:29 am

They did do some good, like exposing the FBI's illegal activities. But they caused far more harm than good. Besides killing 6 people (and attempting to kill many more,) they made all activists look bad, even the peaceful ones.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia on Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:23 am

Alethia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by frmthhrt on Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:05 pm

Nucky wrote:They did do some good, like exposing the FBI's illegal activities. But they caused far more harm than good. Besides killing 6 people (and attempting to kill many more,) they made all activists look bad, even the peaceful ones.

As someone else noted, you can take a different message away from this documentary, depending on you own views...
I don't think they did more harm than good. In retrospect, they did not go around blowing up soldiers, they warned people to evacuate before bombs were detonated, and they did have understandable ideals.

" if people tolerated the unjust actions of the state, they became complicit in those actions."

the organization's belief that school was where the youth were oppressed by the system and where they learned to tolerate society’s faults instead of rise against them. According to “Prairie Fire”, young people are channeled, coerced, misled, miseducated, misused in the school setting. It is in schools that the youth of the nation become alienated from the authentic processes of learning about the world
"These are things I am not proud of, and I find it hard to speak publicly about them and to tease out what was right from what was wrong. I think that part of the Weatherman phenomenon that was right was our understanding of what the position of the United States is in the world. It was this knowledge that we just couldn't handle; it was too big. We didn't know what to do. In a way I still don't know what to do with this knowledge. I don't know what needs to be done now, and it's still eating away at me just as it did 30 years ago."
—Mark Rudd
A faction of the Weather Underground continues today as the Prairie Fire Organizing Committee. Their official site reads:
"We oppose oppression in all its forms including racism, sexism, homophobia, classism and imperialism. We demand liberation and justice for all peoples. We recognize that we live in a capitalist system that favors a select few and oppresses the majority. This system cannot be reformed or voted out of office because reforms and elections do not challenge the fundamental causes of injustice."
The site further supports armed struggle:
"We also respect the right of people to take up armed struggle against colonialism for the liberation of oppressed peoples."

The weather Underground were targeted by the FBI COINTELPRO illegal activities...whose tactics "included discrediting targets through psychological warfare, planting false reports in the media, smearing through forged letters, harassment, wrongful imprisonment, extralegal violence and assassination" to quote Wiki. They (obviously) assassinated Fred Hampton, national spokesman for the Black Panther Party, with the help of the Chicago Police...SO...we also have to take some reports with a grain of salt...there were a couple of bombings that were blamed on the Weather Underground that killed civilians, which they deny having anything to do with.

Dan Berger, in his book about the Weatherman, "Outlaws in America," comments that the group "purposefully and successfully avoided injuring anyone... Its war against property by definition means that the WUO was not a terrorist organization."

Depending on who you ask,the violent Brinks robbery in 1981- blamed on the Weather Underground- was after the organization was defunct...former members Kathy Boudin, Judith Alice Clark, and David Gilbert formed the May 19 Communist Organization, and they are the ones that carried out that crime.
The other deaths were the accidental deaths of founding members while making bombs...somehow I don't think it is fair to say they make other activists look bad. There was a lot of truth to their ideals.

There is debate on the bombing of the San Francisco Police Dept...some believe it was the Black Liberation Party, but the newspapers immediately blamed the Weather Underground...however the Weather Underground always denied any connection.

We were very careful from the moment of the townhouse on to be sure we weren't going to hurt anybody, and we never did hurt anybody. Whenever we put a bomb in a public space, we had figured out all kinds of ways to put checks and balances on the thing and also to get people away from it, and we were remarkably successful. — Bill Ayers 2003

I can't resist inserting the famous Thomas Jefferson quote here- but the whole quote, not the one line that gets taken out of context:

"God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion.
The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is
wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts
they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions,
it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. ...
And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not
warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of
resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as
to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost
in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from
time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
It is its natural manure." -Thomas Jefferson

That was the comment from someone else after watching the documentary, not mine...but, I do believe that too many of us are standing idly by, as our world is gutted by a bunch o' greedy bastards living the high life on the backs of the workers...our current banking and financial system needs to collapse and be rebuilt from scratch. It can not go on- if it does, most of us will probably end up living in third world conditions before we wake up...and by then it may be too late to recover from.
frmthhrt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by frmthhrt on Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:15 pm

Alethia wrote:

When I was a kid, I loved this show (the original series...1972)...and the respect for life that Kwai Chang Caine demonstrated was something that I really identified with, even as a child. He was my kind of hero...always standing up for the weak and oppressed. Of course the "Zen In the Art of Archery" idea is great too...
frmthhrt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky on Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:57 pm

Pee-Wee's Playhouse on Youtube

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor on Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:39 pm

Here's a place where you can check for upcoming new shows and also find out when other shows are returning. It also has reviews of tv shows; The Futon Critic A good friend told me about it; she'd been using it for years.

Absurdity is one of the great joys of life.

All you need for a rich life is to see more.
melodiccolor
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top