Personality types of the mbti

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Personality types of the mbti

Post by melodiccolor on Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:18 pm

I thought I’d start an informational thread on the mbti; it is helpful for newly discovered hsp's to find out what personality type and for those that already know, to find out more information in it and those of others.

The first site is an excellent one explaining what all the personality types mean as well as more information about the test.

It also has a quiz to help you find your type.

http://www.personalitypage.com/

http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/16types.html Another good site for understanding the mbti

http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?testid=16567335035599898597 The long mbti test on OK Cupid

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp HumanMetrics version

http://www.personalitypathways.com/type_inventory.html Personality Pathways site seems to have links for more info on what the results means as well as quizzes to determine your type

Absurdity is one of the great joys of life.

All you need for a rich life is to see more.
melodiccolor
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Personality types of the mbti

Post by adain on Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:24 pm

How odd, I've been looking quite deeply into MBTI again. It's funny you should post this now What a Face
adain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor on Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:54 pm

I'm glad you're finding it useful. What prompted me was a newly found hsp who lives relatively near here.

I know you are on an active journey of discovery and growth right now, complete with turmoil.

melodiccolor
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RBM on Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:21 pm

My view of the MBTI model generally, is it muddled up with the true nature of the homo sapiens superpowers.

As an INTJ there is no doubt that my intuitive is a result a few more 'switches turned on' plus we use those skills with a higher filter priority which is most likely where the psyc models play out.

I also suspect some of the traits are fairly malleable, with interaction of the superpowers.
RBM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky on Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:55 pm

I tend to lean towards INFP, but I've also tested as INTP, INFJ, and ENFP.

I do believe that MBTIs do far from telling an accurate story of one's personality.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by brokenheart on Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:48 am

I am ISTJ......fits me pretty welll except for a few things.
brokenheart

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Oneiros on Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:38 am

Hey, just thought I'd post another MBTI test I found... It gives you a 5-option scale to place your answers on, which differs to most others offering a yes/no choice. It's quite good.

http://similarminds.com/jung.html
Oneiros

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky on Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:39 pm

Oneiros wrote:Hey, just thought I'd post another MBTI test I found... It gives you a 5-option scale to place your answers on, which differs to most others offering a yes/no choice. It's quite good.

As usual, I got INFP. This was the first test I've taken that wasn't just yes/no.

Introverted (I) 55.88% Extroverted (E) 44.12%
Intuitive (N) 72.73% Sensing (S) 27.27%
Feeling (F) 55.26% Thinking (T) 44.74%
Perceiving (P) 75% Judging (J) 25%

It's good that they used a scale, but too many of the questions seemed to focus on how much you rely on feelings. F's don't rely on their feelings for everything; NF's can actually be quite analytical. I think I'm a stronger F than that.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JackNConnor on Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:08 pm

nuckinfutz wrote:
Oneiros wrote:Hey, just thought I'd post another MBTI test I found... It gives you a 5-option scale to place your answers on, which differs to most others offering a yes/no choice. It's quite good.

As usual, I got INFP. This was the first test I've taken that wasn't just yes/no.

Introverted (I) 55.88% Extroverted (E) 44.12%
Intuitive (N) 72.73% Sensing (S) 27.27%
Feeling (F) 55.26% Thinking (T) 44.74%
Perceiving (P) 75% Judging (J) 25%

It's good that they used a scale, but too many of the questions seemed to focus on how much you rely on feelings. F's don't rely on their feelings for everything; NF's can actually be quite analytical. I think I'm a stronger F than that.

As an ENFP, I'm your extroverted, blonde, female alter ego, Eric. Be afraid, be very afraid.

JackNConnor

Last edited by JackNConnor on Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
JackNConnor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor on Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:20 pm

lol! ENFP eh? Hmmm.....

I guess I should say what my mbti is; I never did post it on this board. I am INFJ for those few of you who didn't know.

melodiccolor
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RBM on Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:09 pm

From an INFP regarding intuition:

The INTJ's intuition is introverted, which is also an important distinction; psychological papers investigating those with a belief in paranormal phenomena have pointed to dom/aux extraverted intuition as being most prevalent in these groups. Thus, those with NP, or more specifically still, those with an xNFP type are considerably more likely to hold such beliefs. There are comparatively very few INFJs and INTJs who accept 'psi;' because in spite of having dominant intuitions, their extraverted judging functions typically block these things out from the start.

My 'J' is >80%, yet I have been interested in much that HSP's seem interested in, in general, for most my life - and specifically in that catchall term of 'Psi'.
RBM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor on Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:38 pm

I wonder where the person got this information. Most INJFs I know and quite a few INTJs do in fact believe in "paranormal" activity and actively participate in it.

melodiccolor
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RBM on Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:09 pm

My impression was it was personal experience, so take it with a grain of salt, I would guess. Afterall science is no where near dealing with this topic head on. Hollywood it seems is another matter; Bette at My Big Toe forum posted about the movie The Men Who Stare At Goats which is apparently *somewhat* about the military RV effort.
RBM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JackNConnor on Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:43 pm

RBM wrote:The Men Who Stare At Goats which is apparently *somewhat* about the military RV effort.

Yes, and from the mortifying trailers I've seen, it's yet another example of a ludicrously inaccurate tale, based so loosely on "real life" that only the mentally challenged would miss the point that the main goal of this film is to ridicule the metaphysical sciences for the purpose of entertainment. This really yanks my chain.

Think about it: how many TV shows, movies, commercials, etc. can you think of that poke fun of "New Age" ideas, practices, and beliefs? Okay, now how many can you think of that portray these things as normal, beneficial, and something to be encouraged and embraced in schools, families, and the general community? Exactly.

Hell, how many Highly Sensitive characters can you think of in the entertainment industry that are lauded as strong, valuable heroes? How many are used as comic relief by being poked fun at for being weak, infantile, and high-maintenance?

Snort!

This is obviously one of my soapboxes. I could go on but I'd rather feel good, so I think I'll do some stretching and EFT.

JackNConnor
JackNConnor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky on Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:29 pm

JackNConnor wrote:
As an ENFP, I'm your extroverted, blonde, female alter ego, Eric. Be afraid, be very afraid.

JackNConnor

Cool, I like ENFPs. Cool

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivershine on Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:57 pm

nuckinfutz wrote:
JackNConnor wrote:

JackNConnor

Cool, I like ENFPs. Cool

Me too! thumbsup
Rivershine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky on Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:22 am

And I lose roughly 3-4% of my I with every drink. ;-)

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RBM on Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:04 pm

JackNConnor wrote:This is obviously one of my soapboxes. I could go on but I'd rather feel good, so I think I'll do some stretching and EFT.

I'm guessing you haven't come across Ingo Swann's site ? His comprehensive work includes historical, cultural and scientific history in presenting his concept of the Biomind Superpowers. He was a co-creator of the term Remote Viewing.

In Your Seventeen Senses he has even addressed a UN council trying to undue damage of the sort you lament.

PS JackNConnor,

EFT as in ?

Last edited by RBM on Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
RBM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluedream on Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:59 pm

melodiccolor wrote:I wonder where the person got this information. Most INJFs I know and quite a few INTJs do in fact believe in "paranormal" activity and actively participate in it.

Yes...I absolutely agree! There is no doubt at all in my mind of psi acticity...it's all in how we learn...access information. If one's personality learns by doing/feeling, the other aspects of learning do not seem so important or are just harder to grasp in our minds. Therefore, it may appear to others of different personality types that we either don't believe or just find some scientific facts as insignificant. Many 'feelers' just 'know' and perhaps lack in the way of communicating this information to those of 'opposite personalities'...or those who learn differently.
I am a visual/kinesthetic personality...auditory being last...therefore a certain weakness exists in this area. It is absolutely important for personality types to understand how they learn and perceive information early on...I feel. Schools still don't teach these things...I would gather.
peace...
b.d.
Bluedream

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JackNConnor on Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:02 am

Bluedream wrote:It is absolutely important for personality types to understand how they learn and perceive information early on...I feel. Schools still don't teach these things

You are sooo right, bd! When I was a kid, I was a pencil-tapping, knee-bouncing, fidgety, fast-thinking, fast-learning, bored-to-death, back-of-the-room heckler and honor student. If I had been born in the last decade, they would have simply shoved some Ritalin down my throat and told me I was bad (I think they call it Behavioral Disorder, which simply means "kid doesn't do what we want him/her to do").

Truth is, I was kinesthetic and visual, like you. Endless lecturing melted my brain. I made it through college on the Dean's List but every margin of every page of notes was graphically decorated with shocking and titillating images, poems, and penned conversations with the person in the next chair, kind of like a written version of the chat room. Anything and everything to keep me from giving up and just backpacking across Tibet, instead. I still haven't entirely ruled that out. (snigger)

JackNConnor
JackNConnor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by koworu silentpaw on Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:21 pm

uh hi im new to this lol im Silnetpaw GG sent me here lol
koworu silentpaw

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky on Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:07 pm

Welcome Silentpaw!

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor on Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:20 pm

koworu silentpaw wrote:uh hi im new to this lol im Silnetpaw GG sent me here lol

Lol, I'm GG; Glengrin over at Gaia. Silentpaw's been here in chat a number of times but had yet to post. I figured it was time for him to explore the MBTI next. He is hsp like the rest of us. Hope you have fun with this Silentpaw.

melodiccolor
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueTopaz on Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:50 am

Cool! I'm glad to see some ppl from Gaia here.
Welcome! We do have fun over here but have some good serious discussions too.

BlueTopaz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia on Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:42 am

Welcome silent paw.. flower
Alethia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Reamsie on Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:25 am

Welcome and help yourself to the donuts!

People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey... stuff.--The Tenth Doctor, Blink
Reamsie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tezorian on Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:37 pm

I still don't get this test. Every time i take one, it comes out different. Probably because most of the answers i can't truly pick. Depending on mood, among other things, effects my answers and more than not, i'm actually stuck in between the two answers. Which in turn adds an answer which isn't quite true.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor on Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:04 pm

tezorian wrote:I still don't get this test. Every time i take one, it comes out different. Probably because most of the answers i can't truly pick. Depending on mood, among other things, effects my answers and more than not, i'm actually stuck in between the two answers. Which in turn adds an answer which isn't quite true.

Well, what types seem to pop up most often? Also read the descriptions at several of those sites to figure out which one seems to fit you best. It is pretty common for this to happen, especially with certain personality types like INFJ and ENTP for example. Sometimes on those questions is answer what seems to be closest to the truth for you...don't overthink it but let your intuition or gut decide. Those online tests are short versions so the margin of error is about 40% which is why they are just the beginning of figuring it out.

I've taken the full version and many of the online ones. I KNOW I am INFJ and on most of them came out that way. But it has also come out INTJ and ENFP on some of them.

melodiccolor
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by anarkandi on Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:39 pm

www.similarminds.com/jung.html
anarkandi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by frmthhrt on Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:02 pm

That test just reaffirms the inaccuracies and limitations of the short tests...
I usually walk a fine line between INTP (what I normally identify with) and INFP (what I am probably slowly slipping into or maybe am, and normally deny...lol...I am a complicated individual), yet this test says:

Introverted (I) 62.86% Extroverted (E) 37.14%
Sensing (S) 50% Intuitive (N) 50%
Feeling (F) 58.97% Thinking (T) 41.03%
Perceiving (P) 63.16% Judging (J) 36.84%

Your type is: ISFP

ISFP - "Artist". Interested in the fine arts. Expression primarily through action or art form. The senses are keener than in other types. 8.8% of total population.
*If you tied on any of the scales, the current algorithm just breaks the tie randomly so refresh the page to see alternate results

After refreshing the page I see:

Introverted (I) 62.86% Extroverted (E) 37.14%
Sensing (S) 50% Intuitive (N) 50%
Feeling (F) 58.97% Thinking (T) 41.03%
Perceiving (P) 63.16% Judging (J) 36.84%

Your type is: INFP

INFP - "Questor". High capacity for caring. Emotional face to the world. High sense of honor derived from internal values. 4.4% of total population.

I think I am getting over the whole MBTI thing. It's a good guide, but it is still a bit weak, and I believe HSP skews the results. INTP/INFP/ISFP...seems only the I and the P are concrete- by most tests. Maybe I am embracing different aspects of my personality.
frmthhrt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top