I have lots of questions today...again.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default I have lots of questions today...again.

Post by Logan (Earthmaiden) on Sun May 11, 2008 3:48 pm

Last edited by Merlin on Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Logan (Earthmaiden)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: I have lots of questions today...again.

Post by melodiccolor on Sun May 11, 2008 8:54 pm

Logan wrote:These questions are to generate thought and help us move along in making decisions about these things.

1 What will determine when we are ready to move this place to a permanent host?
2 What all needs to be done in order for that to happen?
3 Has another host been determined yet?
4 How close are we to deciding on a host?
5 Have we settled on what we feel will be the final draft of the constitution?
6 What needs to be done to move in the direction of making that final?

1 When all the other work is done in developing the forum and we have identified a final candidate for a host, with one backup just in case.

2 We need a name, mission statement, a constitution/rules and regs, a process for finding good moderators, finding out what is available out there for a host

3 No, we haven't even really begun searching as that is one of the last things to do. Justin really needs to be involved in this, and he won't have time to do so for quite some time. Our original idea was to find a host with the most flexibility to do the most things for small expense. Stability, security and backup are of paramount importance.

4 I think once we really concentrate some time, it will take about a week of searching, some careful evaluating potential candidates to decide on a host. But, we won't be able to get to it for some time (see Justin's rl schedule.).

5 No

6 The important elements are all there; this week I plan to try to incorporate all of it into one draft of the constitution for discussion at least in outline form. After it has been reviewed, I will make adjustments accordingly. That should get us close to a final draft. The review period will take a couple of weeks, at most. This project is the one with the highest priority right now.

By slowing down and letting the forum gain a personality of it's own, we are giving time for people to check in and it seems they like what they find. We will take that with us when we go; if not all the original contents. As Adain said, this thing is growing organically; it is making progress although it feels slow to some, and we are growing something worthwhile.
melodiccolor
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor on Mon May 12, 2008 4:26 pm

Regarding the constitution: I have begun gathering all the relevant information from 3 threads; "The Constitution of the Nothing Forum"; "Other Forums" and "Management by exception" to try and distill this thing down into something simple and clear cut, that also covers all the main points.

I invite anyone willing to participate to do the same.
melodiccolor
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum