An interesting article on psychopaths

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default An interesting article on psychopaths

Post by melodiccolor on Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:48 pm

A scientist who studies psychopaths found out he was one by accident — and it completely changed his life
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/scientist-studies-psychopaths-found-one-202500097.html

What is a psychopath and other antisocial disorders are often discussed and wondered about by HSP. This article gives some insight.

Absurdity is one of the great joys of life.

All you need for a rich life is to see more.

melodiccolor
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: An interesting article on psychopaths

Post by Zen on Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:41 pm

Recent developments and past experiences have proved to me biology is not the determining factor lol.
I don't wonder as much anymore. A lot of that wondering is fear of it rubbing off on you or being at the mercy of one. My questions usually get answered in an empowering way.

Zen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Patwidge on Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:52 am

Did anyone ever got to read someone who was identified with such a disorder?

Patwidge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Patwidge on Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:52 pm

https://www.ted.com/talks/jim_fallon_exploring_the_mind_of_a_killer/transcript?language=en#t-368925

This is James Fallon's Ted Talk.

I think I want to share what I read... I wish I could get to know someone who has Antisocial Disorder as it is called by the DSM, because I'd be able to "proofread" and have a sounder idea of what it exactly is empathically.

If you imagine someone's emotional state in layers, this is how it was. The first layer is the one that is the most on the surface, the layer that people will interact with. This mixes in with empathic abilities, so not sure what is what, but he created emotions, shaped them, not how they'd truly feel but it felt really artificial. The second layer was huge disconnect, like a white abyss. The third layer was   contained overwhelming anger. The fourth was actual emotions.

So this correlates with what that scientist said- that in order for violence to develop there needs to be a traumatic event, which would explain the disconnect and anger and I'd say it is much easier to cut yourself from your emotions if you lack empathy.

Patwidge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RBM on Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:59 am

The third layer was contained overwhelming anger. The fourth was actual emotions.

I see anger as an emotion.

Your perspective seems to be different ? Why ?

RBM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Patwidge on Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:05 am

It's true, anger is an emotion. But as I define them, emotions are particular reactions to events and are limited in time as the impact of the triggering event wears off. Then another emotion will take the forefront and will be felt instead.

However, anger was all that constituted that layer, and it was permanent, always there, just masked by the other layers.

Patwidge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top