Are you an HSP sage? Cuz I am: a place to get advice and discuss side quests

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Are you an HSP sage? Cuz I am: a place to get advice and discuss side quests

Post by Zen on Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:51 pm

Hi there!
People have been asking me stuff around the site already so I made a thread where new people can see it, and they can see me.
Wink
So I hear people have trouble with overwhelm, draining, and HSP stuff, or life in general?
Ask an ancient HSP sage some things. Because I am a seasoned warrior, and one into spiritual practice, I know a thing or two about dealing with these things and the human spirit.

I'm trying other techniques to reach and share deep stuff with more people more openly, but I also do tarot card readings elsewhere on the site if that's more your thing.
Ask me some questions! There are no bad questions, and you don't have to hide who you are if something's bothering you.
To get things started I think I'm gonna make weekly discussion topics to contemplate in case people have no questions.




Side quests in case you're not a gamer, mean quests (tasks, or journeys) you can go somewhat out of your way to do that are fun and/or give you further insight about people and things so you can get a richer experience. Sometimes they will also make your character stronger and better adapted to the journey that lies ahead of you.
I'll be putting up more side quests depending on how lively this thread gets.
I may also give person specific ones.

Available Side Quest


This week's discussion topic :


Why is awkwardness something that deters people?
What is awkwardness?
Are HSP afraid of awkwardness?
How do we break the Ice?
How do I make the thread less awkward so people post in it?


Last edited by Zen on Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:06 pm; edited 12 times in total
avatar
Zen

Posts : 1011
Join date : 2012-06-17
Age : 28
Location : United States West Coast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Are you an HSP sage? Cuz I am: a place to get advice and discuss side quests

Post by Zen on Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:19 pm

Come on Sam I have roped you into this. Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

avatar
Zen

Posts : 1011
Join date : 2012-06-17
Age : 28
Location : United States West Coast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Are you an HSP sage? Cuz I am: a place to get advice and discuss side quests

Post by Samt03 on Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:26 pm

Er...
avatar
Samt03

Posts : 644
Join date : 2011-06-08

View user profile http://ravenhillfarmandmead.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

default Re: Are you an HSP sage? Cuz I am: a place to get advice and discuss side quests

Post by Zen on Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:31 pm

Samt03 wrote:Er...

DON'T BE SHY COME ON.

Cool
avatar
Zen

Posts : 1011
Join date : 2012-06-17
Age : 28
Location : United States West Coast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Are you an HSP sage? Cuz I am: a place to get advice and discuss side quests

Post by Zen on Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:04 pm

Pondering the nature of awkwardness.
Maybe something is awkward when it is new, and nobody knows how they are supposed to respond.

avatar
Zen

Posts : 1011
Join date : 2012-06-17
Age : 28
Location : United States West Coast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Are you an HSP sage? Cuz I am: a place to get advice and discuss side quests

Post by Cat on Fri May 22, 2015 1:28 am

Ooh side quests seem fun!

I'd say awkwardness is anything that breaks social norms to the degree of calling attention to itself...or perhaps anything unexpected or new?

I think it's something that deters most because it signifies a disconnect between people, or challenges one's worldview. Like you said, Zen, it's difficult to respond to something when your brain isn't even sure how to register it, and it challenges everything you thought you knew about the world. All that "awkward silence" might just be a muffled "does not compute" error message...

That, and our culture's overemphasis on verbal communication makes many people believe that a lack of speaking must mean a lack of connection or acceptance.
avatar
Cat

Posts : 198
Join date : 2015-03-31
Age : 26
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Are you an HSP sage? Cuz I am: a place to get advice and discuss side quests

Post by Zen on Fri May 22, 2015 2:28 am

StealthCat wrote:Ooh side quests seem fun!

I'd say awkwardness is anything that breaks social norms to the degree of calling attention to itself...or perhaps anything unexpected or new?

I think it's something that deters most because it signifies a disconnect between people, or challenges one's worldview. Like you said, Zen, it's difficult to respond to something when your brain isn't even sure how to register it, and it challenges everything you thought you knew about the world. All that "awkward silence" might just be a muffled "does not compute" error message...

That, and our culture's overemphasis on verbal communication makes many people believe that a lack of speaking must mean a lack of connection or acceptance.

I forgot I even made this thread this site is so dead!

I just got back from Hawaii, where I was born and stuff. I've been in California for so long, I completely forgot what it is like.
I didn't even realize this verbal communication thing existed until I was there.
People just... get it in Hawaii o.O... O.o...
avatar
Zen

Posts : 1011
Join date : 2012-06-17
Age : 28
Location : United States West Coast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Are you an HSP sage? Cuz I am: a place to get advice and discuss side quests

Post by Zen on Mon May 25, 2015 2:48 pm

crappppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp
I forgot that you can only edit posts for like three days or something on this site.
I meant to edit stuff into the front post but I can't.



Available Side Quest


Step 1:
Getting in touch with yourself and intuition (and spirit)
Find an object memborable or personable to you and make a post about it here or elsewhere on dimension.
avatar
Zen

Posts : 1011
Join date : 2012-06-17
Age : 28
Location : United States West Coast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Are you an HSP sage? Cuz I am: a place to get advice and discuss side quests

Post by Cat on Wed May 27, 2015 11:06 pm

Im doin' this when I have a chance! Been busy this past week but wanted you guys to know I'm still here and all about the side quests lol
avatar
Cat

Posts : 198
Join date : 2015-03-31
Age : 26
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Are you an HSP sage? Cuz I am: a place to get advice and discuss side quests

Post by Zen on Thu May 28, 2015 12:31 am

StealthCat wrote:Im doin' this when I have a chance! Been busy this past week but wanted you guys to know I'm still here and all about the side quests lol

Yeah crap got busy for me too lol.

avatar
Zen

Posts : 1011
Join date : 2012-06-17
Age : 28
Location : United States West Coast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Are you an HSP sage? Cuz I am: a place to get advice and discuss side quests

Post by Cat on Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:37 pm

Zen wrote:



Available Side Quest
[/size]

Step 1:
Getting in touch with yourself and intuition (and spirit)
Find an object memborable or personable to you and make a post about it here or elsewhere on dimension.

WELL. I must be really out of touch because this is just not coming easily for me haha. Anyone else gonna try it?
avatar
Cat

Posts : 198
Join date : 2015-03-31
Age : 26
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Are you an HSP sage? Cuz I am: a place to get advice and discuss side quests

Post by Zen on Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:23 am

StealthCat wrote:
Zen wrote:



Available Side Quest
[/size]

Step 1:
Getting in touch with yourself and intuition (and spirit)
Find an object memborable or personable to you and make a post about it here or elsewhere on dimension.

WELL. I must be really out of touch because this is just not coming easily for me haha. Anyone else gonna try it?

Yeah I know I'm the one who made it and I am having trouble picking something.

I have this poster from when I was in college. I made a computer generated painting of Zen, one of my characters and spirit guide.
Some of the students nagged me to display some art for an event, and this engineering major coded a program to print a huge image across many printer sized papers in order for people to glue them together and display the art for cheap (college student cheap).

So the guy printed mine, and glued it together and then backed it over a recycled posterboard piece. On the back of it, has the table map plan from the pancake breakfast event.
It still has sticky notes on the back from that lol.

I keep the poster overlooking my room now.
avatar
Zen

Posts : 1011
Join date : 2012-06-17
Age : 28
Location : United States West Coast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Are you an HSP sage? Cuz I am: a place to get advice and discuss side quests

Post by Cat on Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:50 pm

That sounds awesome, do you have a pic of it? I like it even better with the sticky notes/secret map on the back haha.

I'm not sure if this counts as an object as much as an experience, but I have this scrapbook/photo album type thing I put together for a few Lord of the Rings conventions I attended. It's evolved into a general collection book of all things LOTR, so now it's kind of an object in itself. LOTR was basically my fantasy refuge from a depressive episode, so its somewhat representative of all of those things thrown together.



avatar
Cat

Posts : 198
Join date : 2015-03-31
Age : 26
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Are you an HSP sage? Cuz I am: a place to get advice and discuss side quests

Post by Zen on Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:35 pm

StealthCat wrote:That sounds awesome, do you have a pic of it? I like it even better with the sticky notes/secret map on the back haha.

I'm not sure if this counts as an object as much as an experience, but I have this scrapbook/photo album type thing I put together for a few Lord of the Rings conventions I attended.  It's evolved into a general collection book of all things LOTR, so now it's kind of an object in itself. LOTR was basically my fantasy refuge from a depressive episode, so its somewhat representative of all of those things thrown together.




This is the image, but the print out has seams where they glued it together Lol
http://emperorzensekai.deviantart.com/art/Power-Zensekai-Denavorae-156878309


AWw
I guess I use fantasy worlds as my processing/escape place when that happens too.
avatar
Zen

Posts : 1011
Join date : 2012-06-17
Age : 28
Location : United States West Coast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Are you an HSP sage? Cuz I am: a place to get advice and discuss side quests

Post by Cat on Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:11 am

Zen wrote:

This is the image, but the print out has seams where they glued it together Lol
http://emperorzensekai.deviantart.com/art/Power-Zensekai-Denavorae-156878309


AWw
I guess I use fantasy worlds as my processing/escape place when that happens too.

Very cool image, I'd like to hear more about the character and how it serves as a spirit guide for you.

Available Side Quest:

Becoming Something Else/Empathy Exercise

Choose something to become/embody - a rain drop, the color red, a palm tree, etc. and create something based off the experience. Possible ideas: a haiku, journal entry, mini-biography, collage, etc.
avatar
Cat

Posts : 198
Join date : 2015-03-31
Age : 26
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Are you an HSP sage? Cuz I am: a place to get advice and discuss side quests

Post by Cat on Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:19 am

-crickets-... rofl. If mine are lame feel free to skip and post more quest options.

I thought I outdid myself creativity-wise with this one, but I might actually have an idea for a collage. Now to find materials..
avatar
Cat

Posts : 198
Join date : 2015-03-31
Age : 26
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Are you an HSP sage? Cuz I am: a place to get advice and discuss side quests

Post by Alethia on Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:21 am

Zen I am alittle confused about this little exercise can you feel me in some more please..not sure how the *getting in touch with yourself and intuition part relates to this?

Available Side Quest

Step 1:
Getting in touch with yourself and intuition (and spirit)
Find an object memborable or personable to you and make a post about it here or elsewhere on dimension.
avatar
Alethia

Posts : 5756
Join date : 2009-10-20
Location : all around the universe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Are you an HSP sage? Cuz I am: a place to get advice and discuss side quests

Post by Zen on Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:54 pm

StealthCat wrote:-crickets-... rofl. If mine are lame feel free to skip and post more quest options.

I thought I outdid myself creativity-wise with this one, but I might actually have an idea for a collage. Now to find materials..

Yeah sorry, all the kids unleashed the dogs of war on the site I work on so I've been super busy.
avatar
Zen

Posts : 1011
Join date : 2012-06-17
Age : 28
Location : United States West Coast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Are you an HSP sage? Cuz I am: a place to get advice and discuss side quests

Post by Zen on Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:00 pm

Alethia wrote:Zen I am alittle confused about this little exercise can you feel me in some more please..not sure how the *getting in touch with yourself and intuition part relates to this?

Available Side Quest

Step 1:
Getting in touch with yourself and intuition (and spirit)
Find an object memborable or personable to you and make a post about it here or elsewhere on dimension.


The point of that was when somebody told a story of an object and what it meant to them I was hoping they'd either discover more layers about it in new ways, or discover some when someone else commented, or perhaps a new take on it from someone else's story.

Plus I'm bored and like getting to know people authentically...
I noticed on this site a lot of the newbies are shy and vanish so I was hoping this could be like an ice breaker to keep people around.
avatar
Zen

Posts : 1011
Join date : 2012-06-17
Age : 28
Location : United States West Coast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Are you an HSP sage? Cuz I am: a place to get advice and discuss side quests

Post by Cat on Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:48 pm

Zen wrote:
StealthCat wrote:-crickets-... rofl. If mine are lame feel free to skip and post more quest options.

I thought I outdid myself creativity-wise with this one, but I might actually have an idea for a collage. Now to find materials..

Yeah sorry, all the kids unleashed the dogs of war on the site I work on so I've been super busy.

Oh no worries, I've been busy too - I just wanted to make sure nobody thought we had to do these in order or something.
avatar
Cat

Posts : 198
Join date : 2015-03-31
Age : 26
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Are you an HSP sage? Cuz I am: a place to get advice and discuss side quests

Post by Cat on Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:25 am

Hijacking this thread for a reading request Smile

More so on behalf of my mom than me, but we're both involved. We've been looking for a house to live in for months, and she's awaiting several business deals that'd help us buy one. So we're both in limbo in terms of finances/housing right now. Any insights on this would be sweet.
avatar
Cat

Posts : 198
Join date : 2015-03-31
Age : 26
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Are you an HSP sage? Cuz I am: a place to get advice and discuss side quests

Post by Zen on Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:39 pm

StealthCat wrote:Hijacking this thread for a reading request Smile

More so on behalf of my mom than me, but we're both involved. We've been looking for a house to live in for months, and she's awaiting several business deals that'd help us buy one. So we're both in limbo in terms of finances/housing right now. Any insights on this would be sweet.

Wow that sounds scary, how do you feel about that?
I've kind of done something similar.

Perhaps this is the lesson in WAITING, where you just have to trust and be open to weird opportunities when they pop up that you would not notice if you weren't waiting.
When that happens sometimes you even get MORE than you bargained for even if things go crazy along the way and it takes longer than you thought and you want to stab something.

Being nomadic can be a nice change up for being stuck indoors in one place all the time.
You get to journey around questing things.
Limbo is just a place to wait in between things. That means you can also goof off a bit and take a breather, because you can't do nothing about the big stuff for the time being except worry about it endlessly.

I assign you:
HOME QUEST.

Tell us how it goes.
Where do you feel at home and what do you need to feel safe there?




... Right now I'm renting a house with my parents helping with rent and our lease is up in October.... really dun wanna move a third time...
avatar
Zen

Posts : 1011
Join date : 2012-06-17
Age : 28
Location : United States West Coast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Are you an HSP sage? Cuz I am: a place to get advice and discuss side quests

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum