REALLY! Yahoo; a sign of the internet industry trends

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default REALLY! Yahoo; a sign of the internet industry trends

Post by melodiccolor on Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:54 pm

Yahoo forced to acknowledge Yahoo Mail problems in worst failure yet (Link)

What's disturbing here is the utter lack of care about end users, coverups and the lack of efforts correcting problems they introduced. My guess is they can get away with this in part because practices like this are more widespread than is yet apparent.

_________________
Life is complex.  Parts of it are real and parts of it are imaginary.  (read in a novel by Gregory Benford.)

Absurdity is one of the great joys of life.

All you need for a rich life is to see more.
avatar
melodiccolor
Admin

Posts : 11737
Join date : 2008-04-27
Location : The Land of Seriously Sombrerosy Wonky Stuff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: REALLY! Yahoo; a sign of the internet industry trends

Post by Zen on Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:08 pm

Had a conversation the other day with somebody, Yahoo's Customer Service, support team and moderation seem non existent.
avatar
Zen

Posts : 1009
Join date : 2012-06-17
Age : 28
Location : United States West Coast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: REALLY! Yahoo; a sign of the internet industry trends

Post by Reamsie on Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:52 am

It's amazing how it is common practice in the computer industry to go ahead and release things that just don't work and worry about it later.

_________________
What fun is being cool if you can't wear a sombrero!--Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey... stuff.--The Tenth Doctor, Blink
avatar
Reamsie
moderator

Posts : 1481
Join date : 2008-05-02
Age : 46
Location : In the TARDIS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: REALLY! Yahoo; a sign of the internet industry trends

Post by Zen on Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:05 pm

Reamsie wrote:It's amazing how it is common practice in the computer industry to go ahead and release things that just don't work and worry about it later.

Lets release it Reamsie RIGHT BEFORE WE GO ON HOLIDAY VACATION >D
We'll push it out the last two hours on friday 8D

That'll show all those people how great a melt down we can make. If we don't get the guiness world record for most CS tickets from a botched update and launch in history, I'll be disappoint.
avatar
Zen

Posts : 1009
Join date : 2012-06-17
Age : 28
Location : United States West Coast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: REALLY! Yahoo; a sign of the internet industry trends

Post by melodiccolor on Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:19 pm

Zen wrote:
Reamsie wrote:It's amazing how it is common practice in the computer industry to go ahead and release things that just don't work and worry about it later.

Lets release it Reamsie RIGHT BEFORE WE GO ON HOLIDAY VACATION >D
We'll push it out the last two hours on friday 8D

That'll show all those people how great a melt down we can make. If we don't get the guiness world record for most CS tickets from a botched update and launch in history, I'll be disappoint.
 Suspect 

_________________
Life is complex.  Parts of it are real and parts of it are imaginary.  (read in a novel by Gregory Benford.)

Absurdity is one of the great joys of life.

All you need for a rich life is to see more.
avatar
melodiccolor
Admin

Posts : 11737
Join date : 2008-04-27
Location : The Land of Seriously Sombrerosy Wonky Stuff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: REALLY! Yahoo; a sign of the internet industry trends

Post by Zen on Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:29 pm

melodiccolor wrote:
Zen wrote:
Reamsie wrote:It's amazing how it is common practice in the computer industry to go ahead and release things that just don't work and worry about it later.

Lets release it Reamsie RIGHT BEFORE WE GO ON HOLIDAY VACATION >D
We'll push it out the last two hours on friday 8D

That'll show all those people how great a melt down we can make. If we don't get the guiness world record for most CS tickets from a botched update and launch in history, I'll be disappoint.
 Suspect 
Maybe we shoulda released it Black Friday instead, that coulda been good too huh.
avatar
Zen

Posts : 1009
Join date : 2012-06-17
Age : 28
Location : United States West Coast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: REALLY! Yahoo; a sign of the internet industry trends

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum