Getting centered

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Getting centered

Post by melodiccolor on Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:13 am

Share here what methods you use to center after something happens or just daily routines. Do you use meditation? Grounding exercises? Talking things out? By sharing, others can learn new ways of returning to harmony.

Absurdity is one of the great joys of life.

All you need for a rich life is to see more.
melodiccolor
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Getting centered

Post by Zen on Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:22 am

I do several things

Cat/pet/other animal can help because they kind of are like naturally happy and balanced.

I also concentrate for a moment on where I am physically. Instead of the thoughts flying in my head, feel the couch I'm sitting on as solid and in place, which is grounded to the floor and also solid in place, and grounded to the Earth itself.
This one is nice cuz you can feel the energy of the Earth which is steady.

You can also like listen to music.

Sometimes I use art or story write if it's complex.
I dunno I also like watching TV for a bit or movies. Sometimes video game.

Sharing to the right person helps. Doesn't always help in every case because sometimes you-time is needed instead of talking.
Zen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Reamsie on Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:32 am

I usually need to be alone. If its really bad I have to totally shut down, sleep for a while. Talking a walk, reading a book, hanging out with the kids, etc. that helps too.

People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey... stuff.--The Tenth Doctor, Blink
Reamsie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor on Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:24 pm

For all but the very worst situations, I just have to work things through, feel all the emotions, see the full picture in as many perspectives possible. Once I have done that, I can let it go and peace returns.

For the extremely rare times I send out a bubble of centeredness, calm and peace to suround myself. Often it also connects with anyone else involved in the turmoil. I've only needed to do this a couple of times in my life.

Absurdity is one of the great joys of life.

All you need for a rich life is to see more.
melodiccolor
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Samt03 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:56 pm

Peoples may think this is silly, but I promised I'd post what I did so....

What I need to do is close myself off, usually laying down on my bed with nothing around, as little noise as possible. I close my eyes and tell myself everything else doesn't matter, no one else's emotions matter, their not my own, they need to get out, nothing else matters but me in that instance. I have to visualize myself, and inside of my chest, near my heart a sphere of golden light. I like visualize myself going into that, and in there it's calm, nothing can effect me. It's like a golden glass crystal almost, filled with water, when it's calm, when I'm centered its level, when I'm not it's like shaken up like an internal storm. I just need to get to that place I can see it calming where nothing else can effect me.

It's not like I ignore the situation, I just get my self calm enough to where I can deal with it and not freak out.

I do also use music, it helps distract from what's going on, and in the summer I'll just relax on my roof in the sun or go for a walk in the woods. They help to relax, but not fully center.
Samt03

View user profile http://ravenhillfarmandmead.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Zen on Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:27 pm

Apparently, also watching your parent and bro get muddy when cleaning backyard works too 0.0
Zen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluedream on Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:27 pm

Yeah...alone is pretty much a must. I love being...walking in sand on a beach...or floating in water totally still and limp/relaxed...but I can do this also just in a quiet room.
I would have to say what is best is when I am totally immersed in my art while listening to jazz...or music that is enchanting me at the moment. Mostly melodic or fusion...and not so much singing. I create to the music and the paint becomes music and it all flows together and the feeling is about as good as it gets for me; very in tune and 'spiritual'.
can't explain this stuff...it just happens and I go with it...
Bluedream

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Samt03 on Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:46 pm

Mmk, I thought about this one today, cleaning. Like house cleaning, because it lets your mind just kinda focus on the task, lets bad emotions go away, and in the end, when you're done you can see that you've done something. If you take the symbolism as well, you're taking a mess and making an order, just as your taking your emotions which are in a mess and making order out of them.

There was actually a study done about this that found it to be a way to relax for a majority of women, I assume non-hsp so I dunno if it will work for hsp or not.
Samt03

View user profile http://ravenhillfarmandmead.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Reamsie on Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:06 pm

Samt03 wrote:Mmk, I thought about this one today, cleaning. Like house cleaning, because it lets your mind just kinda focus on the task, lets bad emotions go away, and in the end, when you're done you can see that you've done something. If you take the symbolism as well, you're taking a mess and making an order, just as your taking your emotions which are in a mess and making order out of them.

I agree, it's like "well I can't figure out this other mess right now, so let's take care of something i can solve/do something about". Very Happy

People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey... stuff.--The Tenth Doctor, Blink
Reamsie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top