Pink salt!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Pink salt!

Post by melodiccolor on Mon May 28, 2012 7:54 pm

For the last few years, I'd been hearing about the benefits of Himalayan Salt from multiple sources. Finally at a himalayan fair, I got to try some last weekend. It looks like rose quartz but the flavor is wonderful....it has no anticaking fillers that give normal salt that slight bitter aftertaste. When I sprinkle it on food or cook with it, the pink coloration no longer shows so foods look normal too.

Here are a couple of sites with information on why this salt is actually good for you.

http://www.drgranny.com/2011/02/27/himalayan-pink-salt-benefits/

http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/himalayan-crystal-salt-benefits/

I have noticed some benefits of using this instead of normal salt already; all traces of circulatory problems are gone, such as edema and it's only been a week.

Absurdity is one of the great joys of life.

All you need for a rich life is to see more.
melodiccolor
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Pink salt!

Post by jasmine on Mon May 28, 2012 10:46 pm

Wow, that's cool...never heard of pink salt!
jasmine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by unicorn13 on Thu May 31, 2012 1:03 pm

I would be doing a massive happy dance Melodiccolor after finding Pink Himalayan Crystal salt for the first time, that's wonderful news you found it and are experiencing wonderful results.

I've used it for a number of years and although I couldn't tell you any specific ailment I've cured or physical benefit, I do find it's one of the most gentle yet nourishing salts I've ever found. It was the only one that satisfied my craving for salt...

I also use the lamps throughout the house and use it as underarm deodorant and some who can handle it (I've only done it a handful of times), wash their whole body with it. When I did this, it stung quite a bit so didn't stick with it...

Discovering this salt actually led me to developing quite a bit of a salt passion so any salt questions happy to tell you what I know or what I've tried...

unicorn13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor on Thu May 31, 2012 4:27 pm

I would be interested to know your findings on the various salts Unicorn.

Salt as deoderant? That's really interesting.

melodiccolor
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by unicorn13 on Thu May 31, 2012 5:05 pm

Hmm, let's see... Here's what I've tried and the results:
- Years ago I used to have a daily 3 liter bottle of water with a small amount of epsom salts, bicarb soda and sea minerals (basically unrefined sea salt in liquid form) in it to get my alkalinity back in balance and minerals for the day. I used to love this drink as it reduced my cravings, improved my mood and allowed me to feel like I was eating for enjoyment rather than because I was lacking something. If you googled Sole (which uses Himalayan salt) this was kind of like what I was drinking.
- I've also used sea salt (always unrefined, grey is best) a lot in baths as an energetic cleanser and great way to just blast build up away or commune with energies/get guidance etc.. I quite like scrubbing it on my skin around the chakras and just playing with what resonated. A lot of friends use bathing a lot for deep emotional/spiritual clearing though whilst I like, I don't use it that frequently. Having said this there were times I was bathing once a day to keep energies moving and to get the vibe of water around me. For me, I'd prefer just a dip in the sea somewhere...
- For food, I've always loved the Himalayan Salt though on occasions I'll also use different sea salts, so the grey is the most intense and you can't use much (from my experience) then through to the more refined white sea salts which you can be a bit more liberal with. It also depends on the region as to the taste and mineral content so again the Himalayan Salt is very good for minerals and then I've also heard Atlantic Sea salt is excellent too. All this gets a bit complex so nowadays I just go with what I like intuitively and by taste. Most recently I discovered Persian Blue Crystal salt which at the time I found it, I adored and then in the last few months I've gone off it but I consider this one quite special. I've also tried French Fleur De Sel which has a gentle flavor and if you come across Rock Salt, this will be heavier in feeling and flavor than the Himalayan.
- I also started carrying around a lump of it in my handbag sometime ago for energetic cleansing while traveling in particular and I have a feeling it may just still be there!

I'm sure there's other things I've missed but that's the main ones... Basically have fun with it Smile
unicorn13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor on Thu May 31, 2012 8:01 pm

Thanks. It's nice to know about all the different kinds of salts and their benefits.

melodiccolor
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top