"Heads Up" re: SMS text spam

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default "Heads Up" re: SMS text spam

Post by waterdragon7 on Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:29 pm

A few days ago, I received two text messages on my prepaid cell phone. From someone I didn't know, so I looked up the number provided with the message on a search engine, and found it was text spam of some type, possibly originating from Nigeria. The first message said someone was trying to text me, while the second only contained a "short URL".

I just deleted the messages without responding, since some of the sites I researched stated large blocks of numbers are used to see if anyone responds. While my phone is prepaid, and doesn't have a large amount of money on it for minutes, I still was charged $0.15 for each of the two messages, or $0.30 total. Unfortunately, in the comments at one site, someone wrote he had lost his entire balance on his prepaid phone when he followed the URL provided. Twisted Evil

If this should happen to you, please do NOT respond to the message or messages! Ever!
waterdragon7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: "Heads Up" re: SMS text spam

Post by melodiccolor on Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:39 pm

While I do not text, this is a very good thing to know about. Thanks for the warning WD!

Absurdity is one of the great joys of life.

All you need for a rich life is to see more.
melodiccolor
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top