Okay, the results are in, a few more suggestions and one final vote for our Name!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Final Name Vote

45% 45% 
[ 5 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
27% 27% 
[ 3 ]
27% 27% 
[ 3 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 11

default Okay, the results are in, a few more suggestions and one final vote for our Name!

Post by melodiccolor on Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:08 pm

Our where are we so far vote came up with the most votes for The HSP Dimension, before everyone rebelled and decided to change the name every so often Laughing .

A few more suggestions were then added.

We have to decide on a final name after all as people searching for us will need a consistent name; evidently the search engines use names as well.

We also need to add the subtitle to the main name because of search engines looking for key words in the main title. So the second part of all the choices will include ":Expressions of Highly Sensitive People" .

Personally, I am happy with the current temporary name and wouldn't mind making it permanent. But the other choices are also good. So happy voting. This one counts!

Last edited by melodiccolor on Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Absurdity is one of the great joys of life.

All you need for a rich life is to see more.
melodiccolor
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Okay, the results are in, a few more suggestions and one final vote for our Name!

Post by reb on Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:23 pm

oh, jesus...i can't MAKE UP MY MIND....i like both 'the hsp dimension' and 'tea with the mad hatter'! what shall i do???? oh, woe is me!!!

Sad
reb

reb

Location : next to the women on this board so they know where i'm at

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Okay, the results are in, a few more suggestions and one final vote for our Name!

Post by melodiccolor on Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:00 pm

Only 8 of you have voted so far! This vote really counts; this is the name that will stick. So please state your preference, if you haven't yet. Thanks. Cool

melodiccolor
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by reb on Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:43 pm

mel,
do you know what a 'hot shot' is? you need one for this vote, i think....

reb

reb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor on Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:32 pm

Oddly enough, I don't know what a "hot shot" is.

melodiccolor
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Logan (Earthmaiden) on Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:11 pm

Ten people have already voted. That's half the membership. That's no so bad. It better than most could ask for, for fifty percent of the members to vote. Heck that's good.

Logan (Earthmaiden)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by reb on Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:26 pm

Merlin likes it (ok, Merlin, i won't go buy a hot shot and send it to mel....she'd just get in trouble...). if the non-voters don't like the name later, then they can call their congressman/woman, and complain to them, cause i doan g.a.s. lol!

a hot shot is a short or long pole (comes in severallengths)....it is metal, with a rubber handle, and has two 'contacts' on the end. you fill it with 'd' cell batteries...when you're running cows up the chute to get fly dipped, or castrated (the bull calves), or up the chute to market, and one old screwhorn tries to stop, you touch her heinie with the hot shot, and change her mind....it's the precursor of the 'tazer'. someone decided if cattle could be tazed, then so could people...lol! and you think i'm joking when i say the government is treating us like cattle...Smile

one time, in my favorite store (farm and fleet), one of my especially ornery ex-girlfriends was giving me a hard time about how 'low class' a place f&f was...and we came onto the 'cattle' section, with ear tags, bovine capsule shooters, blue fly ointment, etc....and there hung the hot shots. i picked up the longest one they had, and looked at it...she sez 'what is that?', and i said 'ya see these two contacts right here? they put out about 20,000 volts-not much amps, so it won't kill ya, but it'll give ya a good shock treatment....i wonder does it have batteries in it???? and i moved the bizness end towards her....being a yuppie, she ran like a shot sprinkled coyote...right down the aisle, out of the store, and dint stop til she got to my truck lol! of course it don't have no batteries when it's hanging in the store...people like me might decide to have some fun Smile
reb

reb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor on Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:50 pm

It IS a good thing batteries are sold separately in this case. Rolling Eyes

melodiccolor
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by reb on Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:55 pm

ah, i wouldn't a whacked her....but she dint 'know' that fer sure lol! she was such a jerk, i know she knew it, cause she told me she was sorry for her behaviour so many times....she knew she deserved a good jolt. more scared of the consequences of her actions, than she was of me.....

batteries not included! lol!
reb

reb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by StrawberryLife on Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:40 am

Hm, I voted for Bubbles as we have 'em now...

I still think there should be an obligatory name change every 3 months mrgreen or at least an option for occasional name change or so in the future... Smile

I don't think HSP Dimensions is specific enough to distinguish us from other forums... Smile

Search machines already find funhsps & that's not a bad name to go with to be found either!! Smile

Ultimately, if we decided to go for 1 'official'/'Google' name, it would be best to get a domain name with it for easier reference & any of the alternatives listed seem to me too long for that!!

bba.com already exists so one would have to google for possible domain names not already taken Smile
StrawberryLife

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top