County wastefulness

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default County wastefulness

Post by jaded on Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:37 pm

Ya know I was just watching the local news. There is a building in Marion county smaller than my house that needs a new roof. They said it would cost $78,000 to fix. WTF????? How many of you have spent that on a normal building size roof. No wonder our country has no damn money . That is just bullshit.
jaded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: County wastefulness

Post by SimplyNan on Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:06 pm

Well, yeah, don't you remember the toilet seat fiasco from some years back? I forget how much they were paying but it was like many times over-priced. Different stuff same old way of doing it.
SimplyNan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded on Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:15 pm

Sad isn't it? That county has a huge homeless population. Think of what could be done with it.
jaded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SimplyNan on Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:22 pm

Way beyond sad, actually. We really do need some changes, positive ones.
SimplyNan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded on Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:55 am

You know something, people think our society is better now than when I was a kid. I just don't see how. Neighbors helped neighbors, people cared about one another. The government couldn't come in & do whatever they want to do.

For instance, they are wanting to put an interstate off ramp in my town. Our population is approx. 500 people. Do you think for a minute we want that here? They are making people move & planning on knocking down their homes. They have no choice. Contrary to beliefs, they DO NOT overpay you for your land.

Some elderly people have died. Their kids sold their land for like $500 an acre to some guys with loads of money. He is turn asking $10,000 an acre for the very same land. *shakes head*

I just want it all to go away. My location won't change anything road wise. But I don't want interstate traffic in my town. My God I have lived here for 40 of my 44 years. I like it here. Now all of this crime & corruption comes from city people , new busineses, new government buildings Nasa, FBI.....

I find myself saying more these days, "I remember when....."
jaded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top